Monday, March 12, 2012

"Just fell down a flight of stairs....one of my arms is broken and my knee is bleeding...But it's OK...YOLO!"

The motto "YOLO" has been speading through my school like some infectious STD. If you've been living under a rock, it means "You Only Live Once." Don't get me wong, I love Drake and I think its a cute message, but I think people are starting to twist it into different meanings. The title is prime example of what people make YOLO mean- an excuse to do something stupid. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone post "I'm gonna go smoke a blunt...YOLO" or "Even though I'm hammered, I'm gonna try to drive home...YOLO" on Twitter. If I had a penny for everytime someone used the word YOLO as an excuse to do something dumb, I'd have enough money to pay all of my mother's debt, pay for my college, and buy an entire  African village in Ipads.

No comments:

Post a Comment