Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

     I usually don't read extremely popular books but I REALLY want to read this book. At first, I didn't understand why a book about BDSM (look it up) was so popular. After browsng the Kindle Store, I decided to read a sample. Needless to say, I fell in love. Though I wouldn't call E.L. James the next Emily Bronte or JK Rowling, I have to say, she has a knack for writing romance novels.
     So I assume some people have heard about the book. Let me dispel one rumor: IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT SEX. There is sex in the novel but that is not the main plotline. The story follows Anastasia Steele, a recent college grad and her relaionship with billionaire Christian Grey.  Steele, a girl who has never dated before, is immediately attracted to Grey, which is something that puzzles her at first. Grey, a billionaire with demons of his own, is attracted to Steele but yearns for control, something he explicitly states. And that's how far I got. I'm currently on the waiting list (#835) at the local library. I'm really curious to what happens next. I'm dying to read more. I wish I had money to buy a copy. There wasn't any sex in what I read but I am curious to how that's supposed to play a role. I think the book could have been just as good without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment