Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm gonna show him what little girls are made of ... gunpowder and lead!

     I love my mom. She's the greatest. She may not come off as that strong, but she is. If you know me, you know that I rarely mention my father, if at all. It sounds stupid, but I don't consider him to be my father. No, I don't believe I was created by Immaculate Conception. I have a biological father. Emotionally, no. A REAL father is there for his kids and loves them and treats their mother with respect. My father did none of these. He abused my mother. I always knew there was bad blood between my mother and father. Whenever I mentioned him, she'd always get pissed and I wouldn't know why. Do I know what he did specifically did to her, no. But something happened. Maybe it was the needle that broke the camel's back. Something bad enough that made a woman like my mother pick up her things, grab her 3 boys and a newly born me and move across the country. My mom couldn't bring anything with her. All of my baby photos and even mine and my brother's birth certificates were left at the house.  I hate to think what it's like to be with an abusive man. It scared me to death. Knowing your worst enemy and best friend is the same person. Having to sleep next to them and constantly be in each others presence. I used to get scared and think what it would be like having an abusive parent. Living in a state where fear is your best friend.
     This song makes me think what I would do if I were in a bad relationship. I see why abused wives kill their husbands. They become sick of it and think there's no way out. My mom always told me, any girl who wants to be equal with men has no ambitions. Mr Steinbeck re-iterated that for me this past year. I don't need a man to be happy and successful. Yes, I do believe that women are better than men. I guess that is why females live longer than men and we are giving the laborious task of carrying children. If we let men do that, there would be no human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment