Monday, June 11, 2012

Breakaway

     What's one of your favorite song? No, not a song you've heard many times and know the lyrics to. I mean, a song that you feel so strongly about you can talk about it for hours. There are probably five songs that make me feel this way. One of them being "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson.
      After High School, I don't want to stay in my town. I want to move. Most likely, out of state. At one point in my life, I dream of living in White Plains, New York. This, of course, means I will eventually have to breakaway from my family and friends. Its something I've been thinking about for years.
     Wanted to belong here/But something felt so wrong here-When I picture my dream life, my hometown isn't part of it. As much as it sounds nice for my children (feels crazy thinking about that) to be raised in the same area as me, its just not possible. I think I've had one too many bad memories in this town. I feel like if I stay here, I'm settling for less. Even the hospital here doesn't look like one I would like to work in one day as a doctor. I feel as if, there's something bigger waiting for me.
     I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly/ I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky- As mentioned before, I really want to become a doctor. It's always been my dream. And yes, I'd do anything to reach it. Even if that means leaving those I love behind. Part of me is excited for graduation because it means I'm one step closer to becoming a doctor. Another part is scared because it means splitting up with my friends and leaving home and entering the world alone. To think its only two years away makes me anxious.
     I guess life is about breaking away. Even though I'm kind of scared. I know what it brings me to my dreams and in the end, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment