Tuesday, July 3, 2012

'MERICA!!!!!

So Lady Liberty is celebrating her 236th birthday tomorrow. How do I plan on celebrating? Simple. Doing a rant on the love of my country. I love my country!!!!! My mother and grandmother are immigrants from the Caribbean. So I guess I am "first generation." In all honesty, nowadays, no one, especially newly arrived immigrants of all nationalities, don't show their love and gratitude for the country they now call home. I can't help but feel irritated when someone that lives HERE says "Oh, I'm not American, I'm (insert other nationality here) " My thoughts are like "How dare you say that!" If you dislike this country so much, go back to where you came from! Its perfectly fine if someone says "I'm (nationality)- American" because they hold on to both cultures and identities. But purposely omitting America is rude and disrespectful. Another thing that pushes my buttons is when people refuse to stand for things like the Pledge of Allegiance or the national anthem. You don't have to belt out the lyrics but you have to stand if you are able bodied. At least show some respect.
I know my country isn't the best anymore. China is practically beating us at our own game. But people tend to forget that most of the Chinese live in abject poverty. That cannot be said about the great US of A. Although our economy isn't as great as it used to be, I am extremely proud of our country.
It IS possible to cone to this country and achieve the American Dream. My grandmother did it. She cane here with nothing but the clothes in her suitcase, no understanding of the English language, and very little formal education. But with hard work and dedication, she became prosperous. And she didn't receive any help from anyone. This is why I love this country. The fact that anyone can achieve anything if you put your mind to it. Not that it will be easy and painless, but it can happen. From the bottom of my heart, GOD BLESS AMERICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment