Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"We aim to please, Ms.Steele"

     So I recently, downloaded an audible copy of Fifty Shades if Grey by E.L. James. In all honesty, I think Fifty Shades is one of my favorite books of all time. As mentioned before, it follows the unusual relationship between billionaire Christian Grey and recent college grad Anastasia Steele. The only reason i took me a week to read the entire book was because I was on vacation and my aunt would have had my head if she found out that I was reading this book. So now I am anxiously waiting for the library to give me the book. Its been "In Transit" for the past week now and very little is stopping me from calling to check exactly where my book is. I read the sample to Fifty Shades Darker and I have to say, it is exhilarating so far. This book deals with Christian's past and former submissives.
     Personally, I don't see the big deal. Yes, there's sex. And yes, it explicitly involves BDSM. No, that's not the reason I'm reading the book. I'm a sucker for romance novels (and Christian Grey)  and after hearing so many people rant and rave about the book, I decided to check it out myself. After reading a sample I fell in love. Some people say that it's just like Twilight, but I personally don't see it, even though Fifty Shades was originally a fan fiction piece. I have to say I am very excited for the move to come out. I'm curious to who will play Ana and Christian. I definitely hope its not Kristen Stewart. In plainest language, I think shes too-boring. Every time I see her, she has that "What the hell am I doing here" stare and its kinda annoying. If she were cast that would also bring the whole "Fifty Shades-Twilight Comparison." I would prefer someone along e lines of Felicity Jones or Lucy Hale for Ana. The only person I see fit for Christian Grey is Ryan Gosling.
Need we plead our case for Ryan Gosling?
Need I say more?
  
    
At the MTV Movie Awards, "Pretty Little Liars" actress Lucy Hale, 23, told Celebuzz, "I think every girl on the carpet wants to play (Ana). That would be freaking awesome."
Lucy Hale

Twenty-eight-year-old Felicity Jones has a few years on literature student Anastasia Steele, but she did play a rather convincing college student in 2011's "Like Crazy."
Feliciy Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment