Thursday, April 5, 2012

I wish I could be strong without somebody there.

     Lady Gaga is the best. I just had to start out by saying that. I mean "Just Dance" and other songs from "The Fame"were catchy tunes but the song that really got me into Gaga was "Born This Way." As cliche as it sounds, I was pulled from the moment she said "It doesn't matter if you love him or capital H-I-M." I'm not one of those crazy "monsters" but in all honesty, I could listen to her all day. And not get annoyed. "Born this Way" is my favorite song simply because of the message of self-love and pride it gives. Lets be honest, I don't go around hugging myself and telling myself about how great everything is but after listening to that song, I always feel better. My other song by Mother Monster (MM) is "Scheisse" (sometimes spelled with a German letter that looks like a B). The song reeks of "GIRL-POWER" and I love the smell of it. The title quote is actually from this song. To be honest, Lady Gaga one of my favorite artists (the other being Taylor Swift). I think the reason people go by the masses to see her is simple. She's just like Jesus (the real one). I'm not saying she's a saint, but they both have the same affect on people. This is because they appeal to the broken. Broken-hearted, broken-minded, broken-spirited. I used to know this kid named Jack who was openly gay. And I mean OPEN. You had to be an idiot to not know it. But anyways, he was once talking about how he LOVED MM. At the time I liked her too, but I didn't see what the hoopla was all about. The next day, "Born This Way" premiered and I was hooked. Her music teaches to be proud of yourself, no matter what others may think, and you are just fine the way you are. Maybe I should start acting instead of listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment